Holloways Beach is one of the Cairns northern beaches. It is a local residential community with some small commercial development that services the needs of local people. Holloways Beach is about 18mins drive north of Cairns CBD.
• Population consists of families who choose the suburb for lifestyle reasons. Beachfront properties are very highly priced and other sections tending towards lower-income accommodation.
• Beach-side restaurant and cafe, a boating club, an SES hall and a community hall, located at Sydney Granville Park.
• Stinger net enclosure on the beach. Sydney Granville Park provides a sports field; the Wistaria Sports Reserve has a clubhouse and sports grounds; and the Poinsettia Street Reserve has an environmental school.
• Closet GP is in the suburb of Stratford, about 5mins drive south.
• Convenience store and small specialty stores at Holloways Beach.
• There is a kindergarten and preschool at Holloways Beach
• The closest schools are a state primary school at Machans Beach or Yorkeys Knob, about 10mins drive away.
• Sunbus provides a public transport service in the area and taxis are available.